Full module wiring

For those that like their electrickery delivered digitally...
Mike_R

Full module wiring

Post by Mike_R »

I hope this doesn't scare anyone off, but here is a photo of our new crossing module with all the wiring except signals installed.

This module has to handle two crossing power districts, and may split the layout into up to four blocks.
The tracks are wired to allow easy addition of block detection, hence the loops on the centre connector block.
It has the full DCC aux bus, 16v bus and eight wire X-bus. It has connectors for all four routes.
Most internal connections are made with terminal blocks to make it easy to alter, repair and fault find.
The large grey cables are the screened X-bus cables, though with suitable connector adaptors it could carry any system's bus.

Mike Ruby
BrianMoore

Re: Full module wiring

Post by BrianMoore »

Seriously masterful.

I'm really looking forward to the meet on the 20th, when we can use it again.

All hail, Professor Ruby.
Brian Moore
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Looks like you've been very busy Mike, nice work!

I'm looking forward operating on the new crossing. I saw it in action on you-tube and looks great. I'm hoping to bring my module to the UK next week, but I'm not quite done myself, still needing to make some decent carry handles (read carry system for two boards), and do some wiring on both boards... It looks I'm going to be busy...

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
Mike_R

Post by Mike_R »

A basic module would not need anywhere near as much wiring as this one, although my 11th Avenue modules also has lighting and other power buses which put even more wires in.
Mike Ruby