Conrail SD9

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
BrianMoore

Conrail SD9

Post by BrianMoore »

Conrail SD9 6921 by bxmoore, on Flickr

I picked up this Conrail Proto 2000 SD9 from ebay a few weeks ago, planning to strip it, and use the Details West SP SD9E pack to turn it into an early-eighties scarlet-and-grey job. I knew nothing about Conrail locomotives, but I've got a predilection for long-hood-forward diesels, and I noted that this one has the "F" at the long-hood end. So I found a few pictures on the net, added a few obvious (to me, anyway) details that were proto-specific from the pictures, grimed it up a bit and installed a Loksound decoder.

I'll be running it at the Freemo Meet at Broadclyst, Devon, on 10 November, and I may well... cough... MU it up with my long-hood-forward UP SD7 at some point in the day, too. The combination may not be... gasp... prototypical, but it'll be... ahem... pretty.

Happy days.

Brian
Brian Moore
BrianMoore

Re: Conrail SD9

Post by BrianMoore »

UPSD7 & CRSD9 1 by bxmoore, on Flickr

And, by golly, they don't look too bad.

Brian
Brian Moore
torikoos

Re: Conrail SD9

Post by torikoos »

Perhaps it's the lighting, but that Conrail blue looks much darker than I thought it was in this shot, but yes, they look great!

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.