Freemo Extravaganza - Armitage, Staffs, 5th/6th July 2014

Events which have past will be moved here - don't forget to post your images and video so folk can see what they missed!
Gloriousnse

Freemo Extravaganza - Armitage, Staffs, 5th/6th July 2014

Post by Gloriousnse »

Next year we plan to hold a fledgling Freemo meet at Armitage, Staffs, in the same hall as TVNAM is held. This is not an NMRA event but will be open to (and I presume of interest to) members. Note this won't be a 'public show' but will specifically be a freemo meet.

For full details of the event follow the thread on RMWeb here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... ravaganza/

But feel free to ask any questions via here also...
Martyn Read
PeterLJ

Re: Freemo Extravaganza - Armitage, Staffs, 5th/6th July 201

Post by PeterLJ »

Hi Martyn

Yes, keen to bring along a module, but who is our POC? BTW I assume that RS Tower / NMRA BR (new spec) boards are in order.

Peter
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Me for this one Peter, either via RMWeb or direct.
Yep, should be able ti handle NMRA or RST spec, but let me know if anything on the additional busses of the NMRA is critical.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk
Martyn Read
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

PS, good to have you on board. :)

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk
Martyn Read
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Just a little more info from the RMWeb thread, giving how this should work - still plenty of time for folk to get involved, and even build a module!

During April- I'll be asking for specifics (plan, dimensions, industries, track capacities) of the module you are bringing, so that I can start to turn the modules into a plan for a working railroad - again no need to have "finished" your module by that point, but you will need to be fairly sure that you can have it in working order by the 5th July! If you're not bringing a module but are planning to attend i'll need you to let me know also so we have a handle on numbers, which affects cost per person.

During May - I'll also be contacting module providers ref provision of freight cars to serve their industries so that I can build and test the train plan in JMRI Ops.

During May We'll also be tying down the finance side - once we have the list of folk going we can tie down a final cost, I think once we have that we'll be asking participants to send their payment to Nick in May so that he can book the hall whilst minimising him being out of pocket.

During June - We'll be tieing everything down, and i'm sure we'll have plenty of things to sort out!

5/6th July - Assuming nothings gone wrong, we're running trains! :)
Martyn Read
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

So - for anyone who has (or wants to!) expressed an interest in being part of the freemo extravaganza planned for Armitage (Staffs) in early July. See the link up thread if you need to know more.

Still over 3 months to go at this stage, so still time to make a lot of progress! You even still have time to decide to build something new if you fancied, but you need to get moving!

I'm starting a spreadsheet as of today to make sure we have enough folk involved to make this a go-er - if you are planning to come, can you let me know ASAP by personal message (or email me at Gloriousnse at gmail dot com), so we can progress the planning (including the finances, which are directly related to the number of folk going!) and also so that we know that we can keep everyone in the loop without missing some folk out, as not everyone involved uses the same communications!

If you're bringing a friend who won't have seen this (or the RMWeb post) directly, can you send me their name/details also please!

And if you know of anyone who won't have seen this (or the RMWeb post) who has expressed an interest that I should have remembered, but haven't, please let me know and i'll forward it. (I'm pretty poor at remembering, so i'm sure i'll have "lost" somebody along the way!)

Anyhow - at this stage we need:
1. Name
2. Contact Email Address (obviously just for me/Nick to contact you about the event if needed, you won't suddenly receive anything from us to say that you've won the Nigerian state lottery, or offering little blue pills, or whatever!)
3. Are you Bringing a module? (If you say you're bringing a module, no need for final details yet, we'll get back to you later in April to get details of that, i'm just after a list of names and module providers for the moment.)

During April we'll be gradually collecting names and making sure that we have enough folk coming to make it viable, if that's the case (I think it will be) then:

1. At the end of April i'll come up with a final plan so you can see what we'll have to play trains on.
2. During May we'll then ask folk to Paypal their portion of the hall costs to Nick if possible, so that he can get the hall booked.
Martyn Read
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Thanks to all those who've signed up, as this is not an "open to the public" event further info will be sent directly to the folk attending - if anyone else wishes to sign up please contact me ASAP.
Martyn Read
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Well the event was a great success, and we had lots of fun!

Video from Tom Winlow:

More images can be found at this link: http://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/ModelR ... ent-Valley#!/

Martyn Read