Sign of the times?

For discussion of simple, DC block or other layout wiring.
redbull

Sign of the times?

Post by redbull »

Is this a sign of the times that this topic has no posts to date, yet the Electical (DCC) has 75 posts...? Interesting!
Peter Borcherds
Rochelle Intermodal N Scale Modular Layout
http://www.rochelleintermodal.com
calaf01

Re: Sign of the times?

Post by calaf01 »

Or that we've all sussed non-DCC already.
Alan C.
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

I think a lot of it may be as Alan says, the folk working in DC are already doing it via well-known (to them at least) practices and techniques and happy working with what they know.

(Without getting into a pointless 'which is better' discussion) with DCC you have lots of customisation options which weren't really there with DC - lots more discussion to have on 'how do I set up?' for example which largely didn't exist with DC.

There's also lots of new tech coming out almost on a daily basis with DCC, prompting other discussion...
Martyn Read
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

yup , I'm of the same opinion. DC holds little to no secrets to me, DCC is still fairly new and I have the occasional question.

While in most cases, the answer to my questions could be found somewhere on the internet, I prefer to ask it here first. If someone has a solution and replies, the topic is then instantly known and documented for the region, which increases the value of this forum, and indeed, being a member of the region. :-)

However, at some point someone will post a question there, and there should then be enough knowledge to answer it :lol:
Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
redbull

Post by redbull »

True, that's why i pointed it out - everyone knows about DC which means all the newcomers are going straight to DCC, even though DC is still available & very popular. It just seems those new to model railroading are going straight to DCC.

But remember this section is also for questions on other electrical, such as lighting, etc.
Peter Borcherds
Rochelle Intermodal N Scale Modular Layout
http://www.rochelleintermodal.com