COVID-19: A message from Stacey Walthers Naffah

If it doesn't fit above, try here!
david_heath899

COVID-19: A message from Stacey Walthers Naffah

Post by david_heath899 »

What a week we’ve had, haven’t we?

I shared a message earlier this week on our social media channels, and I thought I’d send it to you all here again today. And, I added some new information to close out the week.

Challenge breeds creativity.

I want to reach out personally to let you know that I am thinking about you, our customers, right now.

These are unusual times…and when things feel different, challenging, or concerning, I think there’s a real opportunity for us all…

To slow down.
To find calm in the chaos.
To be present.
To connect to those things that deeply matter to us.
To think creatively.
To BE creative.

To have fun, to stay active and occupied with things that are productive.

I think hobbies (especially ours, the World’s Greatest Hobby!), are excellent pursuits during times like these.

I hope you will take the opportunity to be creative, to find calm, to find comfort and connection in your model railroading hobby right now. I hope you find fun and joy in controlling your own little world when the big one around you feels a little out of control.

Sending good thoughts to all those battling COVID-19 and to those whose worlds feel upended by it.

I want to assure you that we are taking every precaution to keep our team here in Milwaukee safe and working to meet your needs. We are following the guidance of the CDC, WHO, as well as our state and the federal government. We are tapping into our broad network of professional advisors, fellow business and community leaders across the country to ensure we are taking the best actions to keep our team and our customers safe.

As of right now, we are doing our best to operate ‘business as usual’ - from a safe distance from each other, of course. We have closed our local Showroom*, we are no longer accepting outside visitors, we have some team members working from home, we are adjusting processes that may require physical proximity, and we have transitioned most of our in person meetings to conference or web calls. The team is staying home if they are not feeling well and where applicable, navigating a new world of homeschooling their children.

We will keep you posted on our operations over here – please consider following our social media channels, as they are updated regularly. If social media is not your thing, no worries - we’ll do our best to check in with a weekly status via email and we’ll keep our website and our phone line messages updated.

While we are working at close to ‘normal’ speed over here, we are aware of shipping delays. Please be patient with us and with each other as we do our best to get you what you need to stay occupied during this challenging time.

Most importantly, I want to personally express how I believe we will get through this. I fundamentally believe in our ability as a company, a country, and a community to come together for the common good. You know, viruses are not the only thing that are contagious – positivity, kindness, and other good things are contagious, too. Let’s work on spreading those good things while being as careful as possible to stop the novel Coronavirus in its tracks.

Be safe, be well, be creative, be calm and kind to yourself and others right now.

And, of course, happy modeling!

Stacey
David Heath