Baldwin DS-4-41000

New toys to show off? Projects you're working on? Want advice on what (and what not to) get? Try here...
prrk4uk

Baldwin DS-4-41000

Post by prrk4uk »

It would be useful for us members who are stay at home modellers to get this very useful tool, the forum, working to help us all in these troubled times.

With this in mind I pose a question regarding Baldwin DS-4-41000 and the Air Horns used by the Pennsy on this model. Date time frame for this is from new to 1958.

Any comments on Baldwin switchers would be most welcome.

Thanks in anticipation.

James.
prrk4uk

Re: Baldwin DS-4-41000

Post by prrk4uk »

Hello.

I hope you are all coping with this lockdown thingy by modelling your chosen Railroad, mine is the Pennsy!

I have now finished installing a sound chip in this loco and as i have had no response to my question am thinking what I can do is to cycle though the list of alr horns as supplied in the TCS chip over two or three months as at some point in time one of them will be the correct one!!!

I used a Decoder Buddy V5 along with a TSC speaker in a home made chamber and I think it sound as it should. I will let the club members decided when all this is over.

I have an Atlas Classic RS1 to do next, again using the same combination.

Until we meet at this years coming convention, Stay safe and keep well.

James.
prrk4uk

Re: Baldwin DS-4-41000

Post by prrk4uk »

Morning all.

I ordered more Decoder Buddies from https://nixtrainz.com/ no connection with business other than as a satisfied customer, along with some of his LED's but note from the tracking they have been held up at US customs for almost a week. Perhaps to check out the wiring? They are on their way now so with the Lockup going so well will be doing a few more locos very soon.

happy Model Railroading all and stay safe.

James.