Christmas modelling

If it doesn't fit above, try here!
Mike_R

Christmas modelling

Post by Mike_R »

The forum has been quiet, I assume you are all too busy modelling ;)
If you have had time, what are have you done?

My activities are here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=89#p851
Mike Ruby
BrianMoore

Re: Christmas modelling

Post by BrianMoore »

Today, I weathered ten or so boxcars, and also sprayed the nose-ends of an SP scarlet and grey GP9. This was previously a Proto black widow unit, but since I've now "nailed" my fifties layout in the summer of 1954, only a few had been introduced. So I've stripped it, added some details, and it will be used at the club meets once it's finished and decalled.
Last edited by BrianMoore on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Moore
santafe1958

Post by santafe1958 »

Mike_R wrote:The forum has been quiet, I assume you are all too busy modelling ;)
If you have had time, what are have you done?

My activities are here viewtopic.php?f=45&t=89#p851
Work.....!!

Family stopped over too, so the staging boards had to be taken down to make room in the guest bedroom (aka layout room),
and being on night shifts until the end of the week, it's not liable to get put back up either.

Brian
Brian K.Woolven
Chief Operating Officer,
Deadwood City Railroad.
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Hi Mike ,
I've been busy on some scenery work on my home layout. See viewtopic.php?f=45&t=121&p=871#p871 for more details on that.

Brian, it sounds like there will be quite a fleet of GP9's in scarlet and grey at Hilltop in the future. I have my two Geeps in the works (I finally managed to take time and remove the shells and strip them of some details etc before they get the paint stripped) , there's Rob's and there are a few on order left and right I believe?

Happy New Year everyone!

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.
warbonnetuk

Post by warbonnetuk »

In the best traditions of Rabbie Burns my best laid plans well and truly "gang aft agley" (apologies to Mr Moore!)

Plan was to install an highway over pass on my Thamesiders modules, install a DCC chip, weather a Genesis CITX SD70M-2 and weather a couple of extra freight cars plus install some extra detail on Galatia for it's trip to Benson. However a bout of sickness to the wife and both boys over the festive period have well and truly k$#€@ered that.

Bah Humbug!

Dan
Dan Spalding

Galatia KS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Galatia- ... 5487154282
BrianMoore

Post by BrianMoore »

warbonnetuk wrote:In the best traditions of Rabbie Burns my best laid plans well and truly "gang aft agley" (apologies to Mr Moore!)

Plan was to install an highway over pass on my Thamesiders modules, install a DCC chip, weather a Genesis CITX SD70M-2 and weather a couple of extra freight cars plus install some extra detail on Galatia for it's trip to Benson. However a bout of sickness to the wife and both boys over the festive period have well and truly k$#€@ered that.

Bah Humbug!

Dan
Weel, as lang as ye're no awa tae bide awa, etc.
Here's some of the cars I weathered yesterday. Possibly a smidge more to do, but not a lot.
SP 244981 by bxmoore, on Flickr
SLSF 44228 by bxmoore, on Flickr
CP 81032 & 80969 by bxmoore, on Flickr
Brian Moore
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Did manage to get some Bethgons partially weathered today...
Martyn Read