NS latest Honoring Veterians

News and views from the real thing
BrianMoore

Re: NS latest Honoring Veterians

Post by BrianMoore »

Hmmm. In my personal opinion, it looks far too much like one of the made-up dreadful paint schemes you see on those nonsensical HO-scale "Baseball team" trainsets, you know the type: cheapo F7 loco, two boxcars and a caboose, all wrapped in swirly team colors (sic). I really hope this country doesn't attempt anything as, well, undignified.

Who's betting that a model of this will be released in no time at all? Hmmm again.

But, hey, that's just me.
Brian Moore
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

I like the thought behind it but I'm kinda with Brian on the look of the thing - it's a bit all-over-the-place design-wise. :)
I really hope this country doesn't attempt anything as, well, undignified.
(whistles nonchalantly....)
66720 66723 Catholme 160412 by Neil Downing, on Flickr
Who's betting that a model of this will be released in no time at all?
Unlikely, as it's one of NS's current crop of bespoke SD60 rebuilds with their custom cab and nose design, which nobody has (or likely will) a tool for...
Martyn Read
Gloriousnse

Post by Gloriousnse »

Think that's a spoof Neil - which is a shame as orange and black works really well... :)
Martyn Read
torikoos

Post by torikoos »

Gloriousnse wrote:I like the thought behind it but I'm kinda with Brian on the look of the thing - it's a bit all-over-the-place design-wise. :)
I really hope this country doesn't attempt anything as, well, undignified.
(whistles nonchalantly....)
66720 66723 Catholme 160412 by Neil Downing, on Flickr
Who's betting that a model of this will be released in no time at all?
Unlikely, as it's one of NS's current crop of bespoke SD60 rebuilds with their custom cab and nose design, which nobody has (or likely will) a tool for...
I echoe your sentiments Martyn (and Brian), good cause, dreadful paint job. The (paint job) design is something you see a lot in America, just a bit too much of everything to spoil it, in european eyes anyway. 'Subtle' is not a word that seems to be part of the US vocabulary, it's usually loud, bold, and just going a little too far in many cases.... But as there are exceptions to every 'rule', that UK loco looks shockingly bad too...

Or is that just me...

Koos
Koos Fockens -Devon UK. North American Model Railroading
Age is just a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter.